From the article: Top 15 Multiplayer RTS Games for the PC
Many real-time strategy games now have multiplayer options that allow you to wage war over the Internet. In most cases you are required to gather resources, research new technology, build up an army, and use it to vanquish your enemy. What are your favorite multiplayer RTS games? Share Your Thoughts
- I would agree that the listed games are all great! But there are many that deserve to be on that list :) Check my list here: http://www.squidoo.com/best-fun-rts-games
- —Guest Markwell
Text Strategy Multiplayer Browser Game
- http://codeelf.com/games/grid/ The Grid is the sort of game I haven't played in over 10 years. It is a text-only strategy multiplayer game you play by actually typing in commands and fantasizing you are logged in a BBS. It does feel quite a bit like a boardgame and generally has you capturing squares, building farms, hiring wizards, stealing from your neighbors, inciting revolutions, forming alliances and even attempting to bless everyone, while fighting to gather all the resources a powerful master of the grid would need. Fun eh? Well, it is, but it sure isn't the simplest game to master and, were it not for some incredibly patient and kind players, I'd still be struggling with it. Not that I'm not struggling now, but, at the very least, I do have a vague idea of what I should be doing and am even forming some sort of strategy I believe. Great times ahead! http://indiegames.com/2012/07/browser_game_pick_the_grid.html
- —Guest The Grid
Where is Dawn of War: Dark Crusade?
- Personally, I think DC should definitely have a place in that list, possibly even #1. I have Starcraft and compared to DC, I think it sucks. Sorry, but it does. At least you got the DOW 2. But DC is waaaaayyy better...
- —Guest Josbos
- the best rts games are command and conquer generals zero hour. also command and conqure demolition (not made by the people whomade the real c&c) but top 2 rts games
- —Guest zaibo
Supreme Commander 2 not top 15
- I hate the new RTS games which look and act like they ported a kiddie console game to the PC. Supreme Commander 2 was the most disappointing sequel I've ever purchased. They took an epic scale game with deep strategy (SC1) and turned it into a tiny little mindless twitch game for kiddies. PC gamers want grown-up games that challenge us. If we want mindless twitch on the couch, we'll turn on our XBox 360 or PS3 systems. Command & Conquer 4 was another example of a crap sequel to a great series. It just disgusts me that I waited so long for these titles and they were pathetic. Seriously, I would much rather see them create more expansions for the old versions than proceed down the paths they are taking. I would have purchased expansions for Supreme Commander for another 10 years if they made them. Instead they took the strategy and depth out of their amazing RTS and produced a piece of crap. Thanks for letting me vent.
- —Guest Hate console RTS ports
- Starcraft is overrated. That being said. Take Starcraft 2 off and bump the original up to #4. Also age of empires 3 should be slighly higher, prehaps #12. The new command and conquers shouldn't be on they're. Put read alert 2 instead, or rather the first decade. Supreme Commander 2 shouldn't be on here either. Sins of a Solar Empire should be #9. So some removals and a few tweaks and you'll have a good list.
- —Guest Joriko
Men of war
- Men of war is the best rts I have ever played. I never got into starcraft and waited ages for an rts that used realism to any extent. Company of heroes was the closed I had ever seen until I heard about men of war. While it's micromanagement based it doesn't really change the game too much. It does allow you to scrape together what men you have at the end of a battle and make the most use out of them.
- —Guest Spartan
Get it Right
- Starcraft2 is WAY over-rated! And at least one of the BFME series should've been there, for me Rise of the witch king is the best RTS ever but I do know many will disagree. Rome Total War also should be somewhere up there.
- —Guest REM
- Dawn of War is much better than Dawn of War II. Base building etc...
- —Guest Bluzkin
You commenters missed the point
- He even said the list focuses on new releases "with a few exceptions" There needs to be some older C&C games though, and I second TA's nomination. IMHO Starcraft isn't that great.
- —Guest RTSFAN
Rise of Nations?
- For being one of the most intuitive tech based RTSs of all time.
- —Guest Jeff
- No Starcraft at #1, no real list. Starcraft 2 is ready to take it's place.
- —Guest Rickk
- In my opinion, I seemed to like Age of Mythology as a really good online rts game.
- —Guest Roy
Crapy today RTS-s
- I agree with the first post (by altNull), but he missed out warcraft 3 and cossacks 1.35. Its a shame that today RTS-s cant come up with any new idea. Btw, www.war-facts.com is the best browser based rts...
- —Guest hookah
- Myth 2: Soulblighter is easily the best RTS game EVER. It still has a fairly large online community 12 years after the game was released. Mariusnet.com.... check it out.
- —Guest asdf
1-15 of 22Next