Mounts are also offered as rewards for player vs. player (PvP) combat in World of Warcraft. Marks of Honor earned from participating in Battlegrounds can be used to purchase some mounts. Others can be acquired by accruing reputation in PvP zones or obtaining a high rank in game's PvP arenas.
- Black War Steed - Riding Skill: 150
- Black War Tiger - Riding Skill: 150
- Black War Ram - Riding Skill: 150
- Black Battlestrider - Riding Skill: 150
- Black War Elekk - Riding Skill: 150
- Red Skeletal Warhorse - Riding Skill: 150
- Black War Wolf - Riding Skill: 150
- Black War Kodo - Riding Skill: 150
- Black War Raptor - Riding Skill: 150
- Swift Warstrider - Riding Skill: 150
Rewards for fighting in Halaa, the PvP portion of Nagrand. To purchase one you will need to collect Halaa Battle Tokens and Halaa Research Tokens.
Mammoth mounts are earned by fighting in Wintergrasp, the PvP zone introduced with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.
- Black War Mammoth - Riding Skill: 150
- Grand Black War Mammoth - Riding Skill: 150, Carries 3 riders
Alterac Valley Mounts
An Alterac Valley mount can now be purchased for 50 Alterac Marks of Honor, earned by playing the Alterac Valley Battleground.
- Stormpike Battle Charger - Alliance only, Riding Skill: 150
- Frostwolf Howler - Horde only, Riding Skill: 150
Arena Reward Mounts
For each season of the arena competition in World of Warcraft, a mount is rewarded to the top tier of players. The mounts from earlier arena seasons can no longer be acquired, although you may see other characters with them in the game.
- Swift Nether Drake - Season 1, Riding Skill: 300
- Merciless Nether Drake - Season 2, Riding Skill: 300
- Vengeful Nether Drake - Season 3, Riding Skill: 300
- Brutal Nether Drake - Season 4, Riding Skill: 300
- Deadly Gladiator's Frostwyrm - Season 5, Riding Skill: 300